1. Boris I (d. 880) Prince of Bulgaria. He became a saint after his death.
2. Boris II (931-977) Tsar and first ruler of the Bulgarian Empire.
3. Boris (986-1015) Prince of Rostov and son of Vladimir the Great. Murdered without resistance and became a saint.
4. Boris Godunov (1551-1605) Ruled the Tsardom of Russia and was immortalised in the play Boris Godunov, written by Alexander Pushkin in 1831.
5. Boris Vladimirovich (1877-1943) Grand Duke of Russia. part of the Imperial Russian nobility and military leader. He fought in the Russo-Japanese War and World War I.
6. Boris Karlov (1887-1969) British actor who specialised in horror films.
7. Boris Pasternak (1890-1960) Nobel Prize for Literature winner. Poet and novelist, author of Dr. Zhivago.
8. Boris III (1894-1943) Tsar and ruler of the Kingdom of Bulgaria.
9. Boris Yeltsin (1931-2007) First President of Russia.
10. Boris Yegorov (1937-1994) Astronaut and doctor from the Soviet Union He was the first soviet doctor to be sent to outer space. He was awarded the Hero of the Soviet Union title, the highest award given by the Soviet Union.